The health and safety of your child are of the utmost importance to us. As such, we have developed this page to help us communicate the steps we will take in keeping your precious children safe.
CDC & State Compliant
We have been reviewing all camp guidelines provided by the CDC, State of Maryland, and Baltimore County health departments, and will be adhering to all requirements.
Screening of all Campers
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 we will be screening all guests before entry onto camp. This will include:
- Temperature checks and health screening questions (recent symptoms, possible exposure or travel, etc) during check-in.
- Any guest with a temp above 100.3 or possible symptoms/exposure will not be admitted.
Note: Additional screening processes may be in place for summer camp. These will be communicated to parents well in advance of summer, according to Health Department guidelines at that time.
Daily Staff Screening
In order to reduce any spread or exposure among our staff, we will be implementing the following protocols:
- All staff will be health screened each day.
- All staff will receive training on COVID-19 related health guidelines
Camp in Smaller Groups
In accordance with the MD State guidelines, we will be dividing guests into smaller groups in which they will travel and play together while on property. Each group will have minimal contact with other groups.
We will be cleaning all common and high-touch areas with CDC approved cleaning supplies and methods. This includes:
- Wiping down all handles, door knobs, tables and common activity areas regularly.
- Daily cleaning & disinfecting of all shared restrooms.
- Utilizing approved rest periods between equipment use for proper disinfecting.
We will emphasize and make full use of outdoor activities and programming over those that take place indoors. Any indoor activities will be socially distanced, require masks be worn, and will abide by state recommendations for room capacity.
Safely Designed Programs
Each activity we provide will be done in as safe a manner as possible. This includes:
- Practicing social distancing.
- Having all participants wash and/or sanitize hands before and after any activity.
- Requiring masks be worn when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Only offering activities in larger groups where small groups can properly distance.
We have a clear plan of how to address and isolate any suspected cases of COVID-19 at camp if they occur. Any guest or staff with exposure will be isolated and all those with possible exposure will be notified (including parents of campers).
Food Service Safety
Safety measures during food service fully adhere to all CDC and state guidelines. This includes:
- Eating meals outdoors when seasonally comfortable.
- When eating indoors, masks must be worn to and from tables.
- Following current guidelines on limited building capacities.
- Appropriate distancing between tables and seating in smaller groups.
- Providing hand washing stations and hand sanitizer at dining facilities.